Discuss wiring centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a Tower (Grasslin?) wirerite 24 way wiring centre ?

Sozz mate never heard of it?

Is for an 's' or 'y'plan? Maybe a Honeywell will suffice?

:)

It is one of those boxes that sparks use. Has connectors inside like the ones in a ceiling rose. You probably do get a wiring diagram of some kind but knowing the way sparks wire heating there will be a pile of 3 cores and twin and earths wired whatever way was easiest.

You will have to figure it out by tracing the wires.

it's y-plan.
I'd replace it, but they've boxed it in and I can only just reach the terminals with the mm probes

And what is the problem BLOD?

rads heat up when only hw is called for & rads never get that hot on ch only - (so looking at the 3w valve plus a few other things) usually start with checking for power on the right wires but the wire from the valve has been extended using flex with different colours into the wiring ctr hence need for a diagram.

It is one of those boxes that sparks use. Has connectors inside like the ones in a ceiling rose. You probably do get a wiring diagram of some kind but knowing the way sparks wire heating there will be a pile of 3 cores and twin and earths wired whatever way was easiest.

You will have to figure it out by tracing the wires.

yep that describes it well !

3 way valves are usually spring return to h/w only, so I'd be first thinking dodgy valve! Is it spring return do you know?

Rads not getting hot could also indicate dodgy diverter or restricted flow yeh?

On ho****er only that's all you'd expect to get yeh?

3 way valves are usually spring return to h/w only, so I'd be first thinking dodgy valve! Is it spring return do you know?
Usually, but if the hw goes off before the heating does the motor will hold it open to the heating side. (until the hw switches back on)

Rads not getting hot could also indicate dodgy diverter or restricted flow yeh?
Yes.

On ho****er only that's all you'd expect to get yeh?
Yes. Feel the outlet pipes from the valve and see where the heat is passing through.

Sorry Diamond. Thought it was Blod asking that one. I need new specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
already had the head off the valve and get an even temperature to hw & ch no matter which way the spindle is turned, so I guess the rubber ball is shot.
Probably get away with just changing the valve (honeywell) but would like to check power is getting to the right places.

thanks for the help tamz & diamomdgas

Can you check where they're extended BLOD, terminal strip or junction box accessible?

Get one of those plug and sockets big gas use.

Thanks Tamz - good advice.
I put one of these in, so could check power to & from the valve etc, ended up changing the body (ball was loose, seperated from the stick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wiring centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Fellow Engineers I've attached a wiring diagram I've just completed, I wanted to make sure I've got it correct. Looking to install 2 Nest...
Replies
Views
Good morning all I hope you are all well? I am after a bit of advice please, I am looking to fit a Drayton LWC1 wiring centre into my boiler...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Anyone installed any continal UFH wiring centres? Namely the one above as I need to wire it into an s plan system but it is pretty confusing for me.
Replies
Views
Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating...
Replies
Views
Back