Discuss will you install the gas pipe work and commission boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the phone call i've just had, where do you stand on this,the customer has done all the other pipework.

Last edited:
Nope. It's your details that will be logged on the commissioning certificate and who's to say what Joe has left in the pipes etc. Should the boiler go wrong in the future, I'm pretty sure Joe will be coming after you. Not worth the hassle IMHO.

If he's hung the boiler and "done all the other pipework", who disconnected the gas?

Sounds to me as he has started off on the wrong foot.

I plumbed my boiler in (some years ago I would add) and a GSR did the gas side, but he disconnected the gas to the old boiler in the morning, and came back later in the day to reconnect the gas and run through commissioning. The system was power flushed by me beforehand, and I kept the empty containers of X800 and X100 for him to see.

If anyone had asked questions over it, I would have said I was working under the GSR's supervision - he checked everything (at my insistence) and he was happy to put his name to the commissioning documents.

i would only do this if i was to fit and commission the boiler, flue, gas pipework,condense etc....i would be happy to have a customer run wet pipework to boiler position but i would make a point of telling them that you will only warantee the parts (labour) of the install you have fitted, any problems will be charged at a rate.

Last edited:
id have no problem with this provided i hang the boiler its no different to doing a boiler change when all the pipeworks there ,obviously i only warranty what ive done

Money's money as long as you cover your rse. He'll either find somebody else to do it or do it himself. At least it will be right if you do it.

For a price ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ yes, if there's any problems it will be ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ by the hour!

As stated above when you sign it off you are responsible for the integrity of the appliance and flue so I will not sign off unless I've hung the boiler and done the flue work as well as the gas. I'm happy for someone else to do the water side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to will you install the gas pipe work and commission boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock