Discuss Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drip drip dean

Can any one tell me what shower pump I need to boost hot and cold to 4 bathrooms the problem is three of the bathrooms have sufficient head for a positive head pump but the last bathroom would be negative head pump as it's to close to the cold water tank was going to fit two pumps ( one pump for two bathrooms and the other for the other two remaining bathrooms ) want to no if I used a negative pressure pump with a positive head could this cause me problems?..:28:

Why not fit 1 whole house pump.
one of the stuart turner monsoon pumps would fit your needs.

i agree fit a stuart turner, but make sure the loft tank is big enough so it doesn't run dry

needs to be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tank. the pump manufacturers offer advice on tank sizing based on number of bathrooms kitchens etc and number of folks living there

No, it wont harm a negative head pump if some of the outlets are positive head.

I would recommend either one of the big Stuart Turners, or a 3 bar Salamander universal head pump - if you are oldfashioned and like your pump to come with half a ton of brass, they do that now.

However, a few words of caution. The very fact that you ask the question makes me think that you aren't brimming with experience on this sort of installation. Shower pumps are probably the biggest single area where novices/DIYers/Builders cock up. There are lots of potential pitfalls that are obvious to the experienced plumber, but not obvious if you don't have that experience. Tank sizing is just one of them, but there are plenty of others.

Its not something to tackle with enthusiasm and an internet forum as backup. :)

agree with ray ive lost more time and money over pumps than anything else but go for stuart turner

I could not agree more with the above post from Ray, PLEASE do not try any of the above yourself. Any of the suggested options will almost certainly end up with you spending a lot of time & money & having a system which either does not work or breaks down repeatedly.

Find a plumber who understands boosted water supplies & has experience in this area, they may not be easy to find but trust me there is so much more to this than shoving it a large twin head booster pump.
For one thing it is notifiable under the Water Regulation 1999 (more that 12L/min)

Last edited:
Hope the recovery is quick on vented cylinder or everyone but the first two showered are going to freeze

thanks to all the replies the header tank holds 454 litres, have already contacted stuart turner , grunfos and salamander they have all given me different responses grunfos said they didnt have anything suitable , stuart turner told me i needed two twin pumps big expense and salamander recomend to put one single impeller on the cold and another single impeller on the hot still nun the wiser and yes iam a fully qaulified plumber just pick a few wiser brains cheers guys over and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock