Search the forum,

Discuss Whick Key Needed For Drain Down Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me which key I need to buy for standard drain down valves on domestic systems please. I have one of the valves in the link below, and two of the four ends have square holes. However, one of these is too small and the other too big. I'm fed up with faffing around with a pair of pliers.

Services Cabinet Key | Pipe Fitting Tools | NoLinkingToThis

I use a 1/4" drive socket, can't remember the size off the top of my head

multi keys are fine but most docs are positioned carefully such that you cant get at them, so best tool is a pair of grips :)

personally i use my bacho, spent too much time wasted spinning them round trying to find the right sized hole

Old but the best.
Isle of Man key.

Isle of Man Lockshield Radiator Valve Key - Plumbers Mate Ltd
image.jpg

8mm spanner or mastercool 70082 refrigeration wrench has 1/4 3/8 3/16 5/16 square holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whick Key Needed For Drain Down Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock