Search the forum,

Discuss Which shower tray & enclosure - better than Aqualux Edge 8 1000 x 800! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I've fitted the above that has a 400 fixed panel and the sliding door which means the door is restricted to opening 400mm. The customer is unable to enter it as he is not small enough, so l will have to adapt or replace it for him.
Its on a sit on 100mm high acrylic tray, another point he is unhappy with, a low profile ceramic type would be preferred.
I did read a review by another shower fitter that this enclosure was deficient in many regards, including having no seals between the wall plates and posts, the frameless side panel relying on a silicon seal bed only at the base and the narrow door opening making it unusable for medium sized users, but l can't find it with searching. The customer did purchase it from a big shed salesman, and it isn't what he was told it would be.
I would appreciate any recommendations on which replacement tray and enclosure of a similar size, but can be 1100 x 800 or 1200 x 800 that would give good service with reliable seals. Thanks for any replies, very much appreciated.

Mx elements tray.
1000 is too small for a slider, unless you get a triple slider where all three sections can move , as this gives you approx 2/3 as an opening.

I’d go for a 1200 as you say there’s room. Lakes classic semiframeless I have found to be excellent value.

Mx elements tray.
1000 is too small for a slider, unless you get a triple slider where all three sections can move , as this gives you approx 2/3 as an opening.

I’d go for a 1200 as you say there’s room. Lakes classic semiframeless I have found to be excellent value.
Thanks very much Ben gee, ill take a look at Lakes.

Reply to Which shower tray & enclosure - better than Aqualux Edge 8 1000 x 800! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
The shower tray needs to fit in a three-sided recess that is 900 x 760 in size - see attached picture. It seems logical to place the waste at the...
Replies
Views
I've had a new shower cubicle done and the fitter has installed the wall profiles the wrong way around so the screws are on the outside (pic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock