Search the forum,

Discuss Issue fitting replacement door & frame in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m

Decem_Neo-Angle_Shower_Tray_DNT129_Right-hand.png

The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only shower door that fits this tray is a now a ‘Roman’ glass frameless style. Ordered it and I have hit a problem
Installation is by fixing the vertical channels to the wall and you slide in the 2 glass panels (they have bonded on ends that slot into wall channel.)

Then you fit a door opening bottom bar (fixed size) and slide panel ‘out of the channel' until tight on this bar .. and then fix everything up,

frame.jpg

The issue is the enclosure assumes the edge of tray is tight against the wall .. and then wall is tiled on top … effectively moving wall in another 10mm or so over the tray edge

My room has no tiles the wall is boarded floor to ceiling with Respatex shower panels. The shower tray pressed tight up against the panels, but the tray (due to the way it is manufactured) slopes in so the top is set forward by aprox 10mm. (marked in Red on sketch attached)

PhotoScan.jpg

This means that when I try to fit the glass panels they are almost coming out of the wall profile, and could not be fixed.
This is the way room has been finished … I know fitting tray first then panelling would have been option, but the Respatex dealer advised against that.

I can't just fit glass panels further back as the glass ends of panels have to fit snug to the centre spacer bar, as this ets the door, seals, hinges etc. The manufacturer does not offer a deeper wall profile or a spacer.
I could resolve by fitting a spacer bar between wall profile & the wall … would need to about 20mm thick and as the wall profile is 1.25” wide, at least the width of that. Height around 2.0m

Anybody have a suggestion for a spacer, that would be unobtrusive (within reason) and waterproof

Alternatively, I would have to take the tray out and cut the wall to inset the tray, as it’s all plumbed in and sealed …. A damn big job.

Piece of alu bar 20mm thick ? And polish two edges ?

If it were my job to solve, I would cut the wallboard by running my oscillating multi tool resting on a 2mm packer along the top of the tray. Remember to stop 10mm from the edge, as the tray will tuck in under the wallboard.
Then remove the tray and make the vertical cuts (slightly tapered, as is the tray edge).
Remove the wallboard and refit the tray into the resulting slot.
With a new blade and a steady hand, I would expect to get this done and dusted in a morning.
Then you should fall within the parameters of your enclosure and it should be relatively simple to fit.

Reply to Issue fitting replacement door & frame in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock