Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Whats your preferred gas jointing compound? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Quick question for everyone, what is your favourite compund for compression fittings/screwed fittings etc

The only reason I ask is that Rocol has gone upto £16 in my local merchants :eek:mg_smile:, so wondered if anyone had any recommendations for other pastes/compounds?

Jet blue plus from plumbs/parts/pipe centre

Best stuff ever. You can use it on potable and gas

Jet blue plus from plumbs/parts/pipe centre

Best stuff ever. You can use it on potable and gas

Never been a fan of the Jet stuff, can never seem to get it to spread very well - Always seems to go on in a big clump, then fall off! Might give it another go though, Im not paying £16 for Rocol!

Don't put it on hot pipes, it will fall straight off

jet blue plus, tried the others and nothing comes close for me. I've used it for 8 years anyway and see no reason to change, tried rocal but didn't like it, too messy aswell.

Looks like Im giving JetBlue a go!
On a side note, I opened up a compression fitting today and found no paste what-so-ever on it, why does nobody seem to paste their compression fittings?!

Looks like Im giving JetBlue a go!
On a side note, I opened up a compression fitting today and found no paste what-so-ever on it, why does nobody seem to paste their compression fittings?!

cause you dont need paste on compression fittings just the olive, the olive will keep it water or gas tight.

cause you dont need paste on compression fittings just the olive, the olive will keep it water or gas tight.

I appreciate that, but when opening up a fitting and then tightening it back up again, I dont think I could not put a little bit of something on it. Just wondered if anybody else felt the same? Or is this just me worrying about nothing, as I seem to have done for years!

some people pit ptfe round olives on water pipes Jay how your taught and what your used to

Loctite 577 on all screwed threads, Never failed me yet

i always put something on compression joints,i know olive do the trick 98% of the time,but is a pain if you have to drain down just for the other 2%,

Rocol,s my favourite. What is really funny though is when people wrap ptfe round the thread on compression fittings, why!

Don't use laco any more, got fed up of glowing in the dark and green hands. I use fernox now much cleaner.

Rocol,s my favourite. What is really funny though is when people wrap ptfe round the thread on compression fittings, why!

Rocol for me also.

The ptfe around the treads on compression fittings is to warn you that someone that doesn't quite know what they're up to has been working in the house

wipe it off Leo , i am using it then i spray fitting with water then wipe of every each of my joint , no mater where it is under or over the floor

wipe it off Leo , i am using it then i spray fitting with water then wipe of every each of my joint , no mater where it is under or over the floor
I wipe every joint as well, but find my rag needs constantly rinsing with laco. If you itch your your face or any where else. Gulp. It stings like a pig. Plus laco is banned in a lot of states in USA because it carsongenic.

well have used la co for long time never had any green marks of it ! la co my first choice and yellow bottle of gas ! I wash my rag at the end of each working day and my rag never touch the floor or gets any dirty water on ! plus it does not smell as bad as everflux

i hate plumbers who use boss white on potable water lol, jet blue all the way for me the bloody stuff is expensive though

I have to admit its the best flux for the job, but can't get on with the smell or how messy it is. I know I'm in the minority because only one place in town stocks it, and they always have plenty in stock.

I hate Laco flux, I find that it spends most of the time spitting into my face even on a low heat with the blowlamp!

Allways use Rocol on gas ! it is expensive but you get what you pay for, never had any problems with it, have also use jet blue but still think rocol is best !!.

Rocol for also. I did buy pts own brand when they were out of rocol.. Never again!!

Don't use laco any more, got fed up of glowing in the dark and green hands. I use fernox now much cleaner.

is that fernox is the blue plastic contaner didnt no you could use that on gas i hate getting me hands green takes ages to come off ,but dont no of anything else except yorkshire flux and no one seams to sell that

is that fernox is the blue plastic contaner didnt no you could use that on gas i hate getting me hands green takes ages to come off ,but dont no of anything else except yorkshire flux and no one seams to sell that
Thats the stuff, been using it for about three years on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats your preferred gas jointing compound? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock