Search the forum,

Discuss What's the name of pans with the 45(?) degree outlets? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is horizontal and P trap and S trap.
P trap were angled but not 45 degrees

Just was looking up an explanation for P trap.
Obviously it is the shape of the letter P, but I read that an angled or horizontal pan can be termed P trap.
I always knew the angled as a P trap and the normal level spigot type we have nowadays as Horizontal

Ok thanks. I've been asked to sort out a bodge and was difficult from looking at it to work out what pan con to use so thought looking at some picture of the pans might help.

tbh now I look at I'm thinking just a straight pan connector of adjustable length might do?

IMAG0608.jpg

looks like it's a 45 degree pan con shoved in with lots of silicone when actually the angle is probably nearly straight?

That's a bodge right there....what are you going to do watertight?

Multikwik do a 1/14° pan Conn to convert a horizontal outlet pan to a p trap not to sure that would solve your problem .....regards Turnpin:8:

It actually looks like approx 45 degrees from the bottom outside edge of pan spigot would be close to that pipe angle coming through wall.
I really don't know what I would do with that.
Take your time with a few different fittings to compare the angle and distance before you attempt anything
If you can get a 45 degree connector for pan, - try it
( If that won't be long enough you can then add a straight extension multiwik)

Last edited:
i'm thinking 1) allow more time than you first think 2) remove loo, empty loo, allow for sacrificial towels etc 3) remove all silicone from spigot and soil which is annoying and filth and you want paying for it 3) cut soil back little bit, fit straight pan extension and 20mm offset pan con, poss budge wc forward tiny bit if needs be

but yeah, come armed with bag of tricks

custard knows it's a bodge and wants whatever needs doing doing apart from new soil.

i'd suggest new pan if i thought it'd make it easier but can't think how it would aside from no silicone to remove

Is the soil pipe cast iron?....and do you know what pan was there before?....regards Turnpin:willy_nilly:

soil is plastic which i thought weird given that at that angle it's usually cast

no idea what pan was there before. guy was chinese, english not so good.

It actually looks like approx 45 degrees from the bottom outside edge of pan spigot would be close to that pipe angle coming through wall.
I really don't know what I would do with that.
Take your time with a few different fittings to compare the angle and distance before you attempt anything
If you can get a 45 degree connector for pan, - try it
( If that won't be long enough you can then add a straight extension multiwik)

They do a 45deg Multikwik cos I have got one not sure how or why I ended up up with it.
I think they may be used with those corner pans so that the soil can go through 45 & out of either wall.
It looks like it would work here.

PS
There you go new they did one.
Catalogue - Multikwik

Last edited:
It is a 45 in there already I think. And it sure aint working.

I could be wrong, but judging by that photo it is not a 45 degree pan fitting.
45 degrees is the diagonal of a square, so looking at spigot on a length x width square and taking a diagonal line it looks like it would be close to meeting into the soil pipe correctly

So are you thinking it's a straight that's in there but the fins have just been pushed up and off? I think I see that.

So are you thinking it's a straight that's in there but the fins have just been pushed up and off? I think I see that.

No, - I think it is an angled Multiwik connector there, but one that has a slight angle only.
On Multiwik fittings the fins are part of the fitting I think and not moveable, but some other brands do have slip on fins, as you say.
I would take the approximate angle if you are having another look, or else go to the job armed with plenty of fittings, but I am guessing a 45 degree pan connector and a straight extension fitting might work

A tip if you do fit any finned connector into the soil pipe coming out of wall, -
is to NOT have the finned end pushed fully tight in. Keep it back 10mm or more, just in enough to push over last fin so that the fitting will move slightly up or down to accommodate a bit of come and go in the angle

It looks like a straight pan con that you can cut down might do it, i'd take a short flexi just incase

If your merchant and/or builders supplier has loads of different fittings with various angles that they are willing to take back if unused, then take the lot!

While we're on the topic has anyone tried these?

Viva Slinky-Fit Flexible Pan Connector 200 - 350mm -

They appear to have different sized fins presumably to allow the to fit any size of soil. Seems like it could work although presumably if fitting into small soil you'd have big fins left protruding which would look rubbish

I know of one that looks very similar to that, is around 5yrs old and no leaks.

UPDATE:

Pan con pictured was an angled one and the pan sigot was actually straight. Talk about misleading picture making you see things that weren't there. This of course made things even trickier.

In the end the best I could do was a 20mm offset joined to a 14 degree angled with bit of soil in between. Meant budging WC forward tiny bit and looked naff but I really couldn't see what else I could do if not running new soil through wall.

Massively so. Not least because nobody told me it wasn't flushing properly (understatement.) Stupidly I didn't flush it before removing otherwise I would have seen it rise to the rim and not because the toilet was blocked either. Removed pan and got a nice little torrent come back in the room from the soil.

I didn't take after pictures because it's nothing to be proud of. But it's no longer leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the name of pans with the 45(?) degree outlets? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock