Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what sizes would you want from plumbers hole saw kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
or alternatively, pls post a link to the one you have. unless you think it's rubbish. in which case don't post that.

If I wanted to spend some cash I would get the Bosch quick change kit

29mm - 22mm tank conectors, holes in bath for taps.
57mm - strap on bosses
22mm - 15mm tank conectors,float valves
40ish mm for 11/4 waste holes through stuff
50ish mm for 11/2 waste holes through stuff
bigger one for 2" waste holes if needed

if you have to run soil, flues throught stuff then possible need for a 5" and 6" hole saw.

ive been using bosch quick change stuff for a few years, never had a problem with them apart from wearing the teeth out.

that said i have the screwfix cheapo set also, tend to use it more know cus the bosch costs more the replace saws when worn.

If I wanted to spend some cash I would get the Bosch quick change kit

+1 - I have this kit and it is brilliant. Very easy to get the wooden cores out when you are done.

It's carp. Pilot but pops out. As spring and bearing fall out after a week.

You sure you don't just have a dodgy one? I've had mine for ages and it's been spot on.

Got 3 of them the middles just fall to bits. Cutters ok. Use starrett more.

Buy a set and replace them as they wear down. Mine cost about ÂŁ20

i don't rate the Bosch quick change ones.

the dirt cheap ones that have the nut on the back are ok for a lot of stuff plastic thin board plaster board and the set has a lot of sizes for anything harder starret every time
the other advantage with the cheapy one is they fit in a 10mm chuck even the 2+ inch cutters

Just want a drill and apprentice combo that avoids this on a Friday at 3!
5abysama.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what sizes would you want from plumbers hole saw kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
P
I'm building a steam punk clock and am using a thermometer pressure gauge as one of the parts. What I need to know is how can I plumb to the rod...
Replies
Views
Paul Alone
P
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock