Search the forum,

Discuss What is the correct trap and waste for a drawer unit with a basin on top. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

realmil38

We have bought a basin to go on top of a unit with drawers. It came as a set. Buy Odessa Floor Mounted 600 Drawer & Basin in Odessa White Bathroom Furniture at Victoria Plumb The description state "Shallow seal trap required".

We told the plumber this but he says no matter what, we will need to cut out the back of the drawer to make way for the waste and trap. I asked for a click clack waste which can be opened up for cleaning. He has fitted one but said they couldn't get one which came apart for cleaning. If anything gets stuck, we will have a problem. We aren't happy.

As this type of unit is fashionable at present, there must be suitable wastes and traps out there. As for the waste, I am afraid of pulling at it or twisting it in case he is correct.

We also have a problem with the tap they fitted in that water comes out from near the lever. The tap is this one Athens Mono Basin Mixer - Athens - To-Order Taps -Bathrooms - Wickes

Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is the correct trap and waste for a drawer unit with a basin on top. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock