Search the forum,

Discuss What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

I was hoping for some advice/recommendations. I have a large 4 bedroomed bungalow, with 3 bathrooms and a cloakroom. I am finally ripping out the rubbish Ferroli boiler that was recommended to us and want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

I thought our best bet would be to go for a 40kw boiler and would prefer to get one with a long warranty, but obviously as Ferroli did everything in their power to get out of honouring my boiler, a manufacturer with a good customer service history is essential.

I have seen a Baxi boiler at Screwfix that looks promising, but haven't found any reviews when I googled it. http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/baxi-ecoblue-advanced-40-40kw-combi-boiler-erp/6946h

Also is it possible to have something fitted, so I can control the temperature with an app?

Thanks in advance :)

40kw that's a bit of a beast for 4 bed 3 baths. Get a couple of installers round to go through your options.

if you are thinking of a combi for 3 bathrooms, look at a better solution of unvented cyl and a much smaller and cheaper to run boiler, get some quotes done

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only[/

Oi, hop it back to your wiring thread, recommending WB or veissman, heathen.... anyone with an once of sense knows an intergas is the best option.

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only[/

Oi, hop it back to your wiring thread, recommending WB or veissman, heathen.... anyone with an once of sense knows an intergas is the best option.

:D each to there own and there all about the same

I don't want a cylinder in the loft, so this is probably a really stupid question lol but can a cylinder go in the garage?

I don't want a cylinder in the loft, so this is probably a really stupid question lol but can a cylinder go in the garage?

it can and you can even put the boiler in there aslong as it meets the regs best to ask your local gas safe eng

that's good to know, that it could go in the garage with the boiler. I just assumed that no one bothered with cyclinder boilers anymore and wondered what the pro's and cons are for both?

By the sounds of it, a combi wouldn't be the best solution for you...

You would be better off with an unvented hot water cylinder (this can go in your garage)(no header tank required in loft)

I would also be looking at a system boiler such as the worcester 30cdi system...

comes with a decent warranty package and their customer service is excellent.

I once had a client with a boiler out of warranty and worcster sent a new heat exchanger out that was on site the next morning... didn't even charge the customer for it.

that's good to know, that it could go in the garage with the boiler. I just assumed that no one bothered with cyclinder boilers anymore and wondered what the pro's and cons are for both?

really combis are only designed for one bathroom

where as unvented cylinders with the right set up will run 2-3 bathrooms

Thank you for all your help :) I will go off and do some more research and be back with lots more questions, but I will definitely get some quotes

Whereabouts are you, Lisa? Wouldn't hurt you for one of us giving you a quote.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Hi

Sorry Ive only just replied, but I was having trouble posting it. I live in Annesley in Nottinghamshire and would be happy to have some quotes, if anyone is local :)

Hi

Sorry Ive only just replied, but I was having trouble posting it. I live in Annesley in Nottinghamshire and would be happy to have some quotes, if anyone is local :)

Hi Lisa,

I'd be happy to come and have a look / quote you for work should you wish?

Message me and we can swap details.

Regards,

Harry

40 kw baxi duotec is a cracking boiler,but it wont run 3 baths at the same time

What are everyone's thoughts on a Worcester Bosch CDI classic system?

Very good boilers

and log back in please

Hi Shaun

is there a particular model I should be looking for? My Dad (lol), says I should be looking for one with a flow rate of 20-25 per minute :)

Lisa, read this thread again.

Every contributor has recommended an unvented cylinder + system boiler rather than a monster combination boiler which won't be able to provide for three bathrooms adequately.

It seems unnecessary, but I'll add my opinion to this above.

Unvented is the way to go here. I would strongly recommend that as have more than one bathroom to avoid a combi, they just aren't capable of what you're asking.

It's going to be an expensive gamble if you decide to continue with a combi.

As above, please don't go down the combi route, if you regretted the Ferroli boiler you will be only slightly more impressed with the WB.

Hi GMartine

I thought the Greenstar boiler was one with a cylinder?

You won't get a cylinder inside the boiler, so you would be looking for a heat only boiler and an unvented cylinder

Flow rates are normally to do with combi boilers

Hope this helps and please if you have a question just ask

Hi

I totally agree with everything everyone has said and definitely don't want a combi boiler. I have had a plumber round to quote and he saw my husband and quoted for combi boilers, which we now know, thanks to you lot is totally unsuitable. Can anyone recommend a particular make/model? I'm not being lazy but this is a mindfield and when I google it my head wants to explode. Am I able to buy a full package etc?

Hi GMartine

I thought the Greenstar boiler was one with a cylinder?

I would not be overly concerned with boiler makers and specifications but I would try and familiarise myself with the most appropriate system for your house. You've had an offer from a qualified installer on this thread and you now know what to ask for (which is an unvented system) contact him and he should be able to take you through it.

Last edited:
Hi

I totally agree with everything everyone has said and definitely don't want a combi boiler. I have had a plumber round to quote and he saw my husband and quoted for combi boilers, which we now know, thanks to you lot is totally unsuitable. Can anyone recommend a particular make/model? I'm not being lazy but this is a mindfield and when I google it my head wants to explode. Am I able to buy a full package etc?

It is not necessarily unsuitable for you but it is not recommended for the size house that you have.

I have been out to people who have 300 ltr ho****er cylinder in 4 bedroom houses when for their hot water demands a 24kw combi would of been more than enough. on the otherhand I have been out to houses that have a combi and they should have a cylinder installed.

Has anyone asked about your water usage? How many people live in your house? do you intend to expand your family. Do you regularly use more than 1 shower/ bath at the same time or would you like to?

I have installed many a combi in larger houses because that is what is suitable for the customer at the time, It would be more cost effective for them to have a combi than to have a cylinder and heat up a whole tank when all they have is 1 shower and a couple of bowls of water for washing up etc.

Most manufacturers websites will give a high level "understand your needs questionnaire", which will lead you in the right direction.

I would not be overly concerned with boiler makers and specifications but I would try and familiarise myself with the most appropriate system for your house. You've had an offer from a qualified installer on this thread and you now know what to ask for (which is an unvented system) contact him and he should be able to take you through it.

Millsy makes a valid point about usage, assuming the Ferroli combi being ripped out is completely inadequate and your father is correct about desired flow rate (25l/m) then it is probably safe to assume you want to be able to use at least 2/3 bathrooms simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock