Discuss What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GMartine

I thought the Greenstar boiler was one with a cylinder?

I would not be overly concerned with boiler makers and specifications but I would try and familiarise myself with the most appropriate system for your house. You've had an offer from a qualified installer on this thread and you now know what to ask for (which is an unvented system) contact him and he should be able to take you through it.

Last edited:
Hi

I totally agree with everything everyone has said and definitely don't want a combi boiler. I have had a plumber round to quote and he saw my husband and quoted for combi boilers, which we now know, thanks to you lot is totally unsuitable. Can anyone recommend a particular make/model? I'm not being lazy but this is a mindfield and when I google it my head wants to explode. Am I able to buy a full package etc?

It is not necessarily unsuitable for you but it is not recommended for the size house that you have.

I have been out to people who have 300 ltr ho****er cylinder in 4 bedroom houses when for their hot water demands a 24kw combi would of been more than enough. on the otherhand I have been out to houses that have a combi and they should have a cylinder installed.

Has anyone asked about your water usage? How many people live in your house? do you intend to expand your family. Do you regularly use more than 1 shower/ bath at the same time or would you like to?

I have installed many a combi in larger houses because that is what is suitable for the customer at the time, It would be more cost effective for them to have a combi than to have a cylinder and heat up a whole tank when all they have is 1 shower and a couple of bowls of water for washing up etc.

Most manufacturers websites will give a high level "understand your needs questionnaire", which will lead you in the right direction.

I would not be overly concerned with boiler makers and specifications but I would try and familiarise myself with the most appropriate system for your house. You've had an offer from a qualified installer on this thread and you now know what to ask for (which is an unvented system) contact him and he should be able to take you through it.

Millsy makes a valid point about usage, assuming the Ferroli combi being ripped out is completely inadequate and your father is correct about desired flow rate (25l/m) then it is probably safe to assume you want to be able to use at least 2/3 bathrooms simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock