Discuss Wet vac alternative? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As usefull as they are wetvacs can be a real pain. Especially hate emptying them with cream carpets all around, noise they make when sucking and frequency of having to empty.. 3 times a rad..

So was wonderin is there like a vac with no storage that just pumps out whatever it sucks in through another hose? Suck one end blow out the other

And I forgot to add bulky..
Had no idea you could hoover a fishpond

Kris is that continual pump or siphon?

Think the oily lads use something just like that

My Dewalt 110 corded/cordless has a drain plug that looks to be the same size as a washing machine hose, could screws a washing machine hose two it cut the hose and join to your drain down hose?

My Dewalt 110 corded/cordless has a drain plug that looks to be the same size as a washing machine hose, could screws a washing machine hose two it cut the hose and join to your drain down hose?[/QUOTE
Don't know about yours, but if I try to drain mine at the same time as using it i loose the vacuum and hence the suction

As usefull as they are wetvacs can be a real pain. Especially hate emptying them with cream carpets all around, noise they make when sucking and frequency of having to empty.. 3 times a rad..

So was wonderin is there like a vac with no storage that just pumps out whatever it sucks in through another hose? Suck one end blow out the other

Still going to be big and noisy.

I use a King-Vac from machine mart (not the biggest one) which sits on a large rubble sack and provided you use PTFE tape on the hose to tank connections from new then there are no leaks and they have a good drain off cap as well. Holds around 9L which should be enough for you.

Looks like my dream vac doesnt exist :(

I had the same thoughts my thinking was something that would connect to a DOC and continually suck and dump till empty.

Best I could do was a pond vac then I thought about building something with a condense style pump built in that would cut the vac and empty itself then restart the vac.

But finding a way to stop vac loss with an open end and separate the vac from the emptying pump etc it all got complicated and I went to bed.

I never got round to it but I was going to send an email to dyson with the suggestion they moved into the trade vac market and open with that followed up by a hand held battery powered unit (much like the domestic version they currently sell) but rechargeable in the van and with a hose attachment for servicing etc capable of retaining soot and collecting items like smoke pellets but an easily cleanable receptacle.

I'd certainly buy one of each any way

I use one of these, old syphon weight taped round the sucky end of the hose so it stays put in a bowl or bucket or cistern then the other end down the loo or onto a length of hose.

Bit labour intensive but cheap and effective with minimal ducking about

Just connect a longer hose onto the vacuum. That way, you don't have to take it outside to empty it! Job done.
KingBilly or whatever his name is was the one who posted a link to a vacuum that pumps about a year ago.
Not expensive either, think it was about 120.

Crack the valve nut with bowl underneath, syphon it out and away until it empty.

Silicone mat helps to get everything where you want it to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet vac alternative? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I go next in my endless mission to stop my system taking on air. The house has a gravity fed...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to get a decent wet vac . I have been using a Charles but it’s started spitting out when full and not shutting off Had a titan and it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock