Discuss Water in customer gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello All,

I've been called out to a property where water has entered the gas pipe work within the property during installtion of a gas boiler.

I have been asked to remove the water but have never done this before.

The gas pipe is 22mm diameter rigid copper, runs for approximately 10m and services one 4 ring gas hob and the new boiler.
I can see that the kitchen area is slightly lower than the rest of the flat so I reckon water is trapped in this low area.

Has anyone removed water from a gas pipe before? If so what's is the best way to get it out using equipment readily available from a tool hire shop.

Thanks guys for your time and attention.

Viper Gas.

The best way is to isolate the applicances, remove the gas meter, cut the gas pipe in a few different locations. Make a fitting (Thomas thorite) can help and connect to an air compressor to the fitting and wait for the water to drain out. Do you know if the main is full of water too ?

You could also cut the pipework and use a wet vac to get out any water if you don't have a compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water in customer gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock