Search the forum,

Discuss Waste water diverter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone know if theres somewhere in the uk that stocks a water diverting valve to fit 32mm waste pipe?

Something similar to this where you can choose to send the water down the drain or divert it to somwhere else. (garden flower beds in my case)
Screenshot_20230606-170404.png

What is the exact situation?
You could interrupt the 32mm pipe using a hopper, and then drill an extra hole in the hopper to feed the flower beds.
This 2nd feed could be a speedfit tank connector to 22mm pipe - you could immediately fit a full bore lever valve to this?
Or a hole in bottom of hopper and just use a bung?
You’d need a bung for the straight through to waste pipe when you wanted to use garden watering one.

What is the exact situation?
Ive got a waste pipe from the kitchen sink that leaves the building externally through the wall then drops down about 3 foot where it meets the drain. Waste stops short a few inches before the plastic grid drain cover thing.

I want to cut in some something that would allow me to divert the water to use on my plants. (id either just catch it in a watering can or come up with something that feeds it directly to the plants)
Id likely only make use of this during spring/summer so id want to be able to switch between diverting the water to be reused or have the option for it just to go down the drain.

There are products designed for diverting rainwater in the way you want, but obviously for larger diameter down-pipes - that market might be worth investigating, eg:

or this!!

Last edited:

Reply to Waste water diverter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
P
Is there such a thing as a 45mm waste water pipe diverter please? Looking to split a 45mm waste PVC external pipe to pass water to a container for watering the garden.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock