Discuss was asked to advertise with WICKES, any one else had these calls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
may have been genuine then. still would want written details first though.

All they are selling is to have a business card by the door on a stand along with other mugs who have paid over the odds to get nothing.

A friend of mine was stung, paid a fortune, never got a single job out of it. In the end he used to go and take business cards to give out to his own customers:hurray:

I had homebase on a while back, was I interested in fitting their bathrooms, never phoned again after I said I didn't like fitting their crappy bathrooms.

If you get in with Homebase they insist that you have a plain van.

When I first set up I was approached by someone who was ringing 'on behalf of Homebase'. The company have a contract with Homebase which allows them to place a stand for leaflets. Whilst it was not actually stated, the implication was that I would access hundreds of punters keen to find someone to install their lovely new bathroom / kitchen.

I signed up for one year and got a couple of bathroom installs from it, which more than paid for it, but ......

A couple of times I had to speak to the store manager as they had blocked access to the display. Is asked if some of the leaflets could be placed in the kitchen and bathroom showroom area - answer no ( this was before they offered their one 'award winning' installation service) I asked if staff would point customers who asked about installation to the leaflets - answer no.

As soon as Homebase started pushing their own 'award winning' installation service I did not renew.

They are not an actual scam, but do not think that this in any way gives you an 'in' into Homebase / Wickes etc. All it does give you is an advertising opportunity in a place where people are buying bathrooms / kitchens. That said, having fitted some of the stuff from these sheds, I would now avoid them like the plague.

I have put it , along with many,many other mistakes , down to experience.

All part of life's rich pageant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to was asked to advertise with WICKES, any one else had these calls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
G
Recently we had reason to replace our boiler. It was on the blink and you could only con it into coming on by first turning on the hot water and...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock