Discuss Warmflow oil boiler tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rozie

Hi we have a Warmflow Kabin Pak Combi 70/90 and the High Limit thermostat is tripping at the first firing and then several times through the day when the hot water is selected. Offtec engineer seems unsure why, any suggestions please.

The central heating seems okay.

All the googling I have been doing I feel as though I could soon be an expert :teeth_smile:

Hard to tell without looking. Could be several things, just got to use a process of elimination. My first things to check would be the control thermostat and then the high limit thermostat. Try putting new ones in and see of the problem solves itself

Thanks for your reply we wondered about replacing the high limit thermostat. The boiler is doing strange things today as well, now the hot water is warming up even though we have turned it off on the timer. It is warming up when just the central heating is on. At least we have heat and water.

Ah that's one of the things we hadn't considered I will get my trusty and well thumbed manual out and have a look. Don't worry we will not be attempting to fix ourselves but we want to have a list of questions when next we meet up with our busy plumber who is floundering, oil boilers do seem to pose more problems than gas, I wish we had stuck to our back boiler on the woodburner it was less complicated we thought with an oil boiler we would always have heat and water when we were too old to saw up wood.

You may be best to ask another engineer if your first guy doesn't know.

I take it he's already asked Warmflow tech support for help? Sometimes its the easiest way to fix a problem.

Thanks wipes I actually rang Warmflow and a very nice chap from Northern Ireland rang me back and suggested magnetite in the system said it could be clogged up our plumber has flushed out the system and put cleaner in as it is quite a while since this has had inhibitor in and we have had radiators on and off for decorating ect so Warmflow suggested inhibitor has probably become diluted. He suggested a power flush but seems extremely expensive our plumber is trying manual clean first to try and save us some money. As it is only a possible solution we are still trying to find other possible causes.

Wouldn't pay too much attention to that. Unless there is evidence of heavy soiling in the system you don't need a powerflush - sounds like they have run out of ideas. I would bet money that magnetite wouldn't have anything to do with a high limit stat tripping out.

Mmmmm thanks Wipes pretty much what our plumber said that's why I think he went the cheapest route, I think we will go with process of elimination and go for cheapest part first so HL thermostat it will probably be. The HL reset button has been pressed numerous times and in my research it does say repeated resetting renders the HL thermostat useless anyway.

Cheers

First of all I think you will need a proper engineer,There is a hot water tank stat on this one which would probably be the one that is a t fault because if it was a faulty hl stat it would trip on ch as well, the hot water store does not get as hot as the central heating water. Next warmflow use a two pump system, if you are getting hot water when the heating only is on it would probably be one of the check valves in the pump port that has gone, they are only plastic.I suspect your engineer may be lost on this one, I would advise getting warmflow to give you a name of a local guy who knows their boilers and is trained up on them, a really good engineer should be able to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow oil boiler tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
P
I have an oil boiler for the central heating. Some time ago it stopped working, and as it was during the summer I stupidly left it for quite a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I've been chasing the smell under our stairs/cellar for so long and have had many things fixed one by one, the smell still remains, next...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Hi everyone, I just moved into a property with a combi gas boiler. It's a Baxi 600. It heats the radiators and the hot water. However, the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi - I'm a homeowner, not a DIY person. My 20 year old Gloworm boiler needs replacing. British Gas quote is ok at £6100 for a 24kw replacement...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock