Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow 50/70 boiler will not ignite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conor

Hi there,

I'm having real problems getting my boiler to ignite, my dog recently bit through the starting cable from the burner to the boiler but i have had this replaced two days ago, i've bled the fuel line and have also tried letting the water out and filling it up again, i've had to open up the pump and let air out of it, i have 200 litres of oil in the tank so that isn't the problem, any advice that could be givin to me would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chances are an electrical componont has been damaged.
or you have adjusted pressure by accident.

in anycase its time to call a competent oftec engineer in.

To have any chance of suggesting a fix for it we need yo know what happens when you turn the oiler on such as does the fan come on and does it try to ignite and does it go to lockout etc. Sometimes you can get s pronlem which is totally unconnected with what you think may have caused it.

Sorry i should of stated, i'm from northern ireland so i dont think oftec work here, but when i hold in the reset button and let it out the burner fires up but just dies again after about 4 seconds, is it a plumber, technician or what that i need? don't want to phone anyone incase they can't fix it and charge me for just looking at it. Thanks

The fan comes on and it ignites for about 4 seconds, then just goes blank, about 10 seconds later i'm able to still press the reset button again but the same thing happens

You may have unrelated problem, as has been already said.
If you did run out of oil (assume that you getting 200 litres means you regularily do run out) you may have finished the oil pump off, or the burner simply isn't recognising the flame and locking out, which is electrical - photocell or control box.
Either way you need an engineer to sort it.

If the boiler has been drained and refilled then inhibitor must be added to the water to prevent the system and boiler rusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow 50/70 boiler will not ignite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock