Discuss Want to become a faster and more efficient plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a part of the job that sometimes things catch you out and can be a PITA!
I'm just coming to the end of installaing a wet room and separate ensuite to first floor in a beautifully finished occupied home... can't move outside the spaces for risk of damaging something! The tiles are 600x600 polished flats on walls and floor with 1mm grout joints... they are the toughest porcelain I've had to drill through and the Aqua Lisa outlets and controls all require 4 fixing points very close to the pipe stubs - what a nightmare 35 holes in the wet room and 20 in the ensuite all taking about 10-15 mins each and numerous bits... aaaggghhh!

Feel for you bud i have the same problem invested in some marcrist drill bits , and the bosch blue bits to start em off keep wetting the bit and you gradually get there good luck kop .

The best ones I've found to date- believe it or not, are the wickes triple pack of glass tile bits for ÂŁ5.99 they are arrow-headed and can deal with a wide range of materials. Great VFM too - but it's still a pain. Cheers d.

Edit: which marcrist bits and Bosch blues do you use?

60 holes later , all finished apart from special order screen for ensuite which is being delivered in 12 weeks :mad:

IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG
IMG_2402.JPG

How do you access the toilet cistern if something goes wrong in there?

Will be access from behind in the other room

Through the flush / button plate

How do you access the toilet cistern if something goes wrong in there?

It's a Geberit concealed cistern - you can get everything serviced/replaced through the push plate.

Edit: and the one in the ensuite has a cupboard behind the wall that the btw pan meets - cistern is boxed in and accessible there.

Damn, the things I learn here.
There is one toilet in the picture with just a tiny flush button embedded in the tiles. I don't think that one would be a Geberit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Want to become a faster and more efficient plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock