Discuss Vallient VC gb 182 eh and 3 port valve prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil the bucket

Boiler will not fire on ch but when I arrived at cust house hot water cylinder was hot so could not test very well managed to get boiler to fire on hot water after running the tap .
No room stat
Could it be 3 port valve prob women was talking about cost so I need to be carefull about what parts I change.
What do u guys think

No stat? Sound like she's had a pro in. If no stat put on programmer and three port should click right in..... That's if it's wired at all! Check prog works by putting the wire for ch onto live, if three port comes to life it's programmer, if your hair goes curly u haven't got vde gear and should have done when isolated!

No stat? Sound like she's had a pro in. If no stat put on programmer and three port should click right in..... That's if it's wired at all! Check prog works by putting the wire for ch onto live, if three port comes to life it's programmer, if your hair goes curly u haven't got vde gear and should have done when isolated!

Don't think it's programmer pump runs on boiler just won't fire on ch

No s/l coming back then? That's possibly because if no stat the moron didn't know what to do??

Will heating work if hot water and heating are both selected on programmer ?

If you have live at your switch live on boiler when heating selected I would say it was a boiler fault

if need be loops 3and 4 in the boiler with the valve locked open if it runs then its a controll fault since you say the cylinder was hot it sounds like the boiler is working

Going back tmr so will do further tests then will loop 3 and 4 to rule boiler out thanks for the input guys

Open pcb on boiler, check fitter wasn't a smart arse and used boiler controls for 3 port!

Cust doesn't want to pay 160 pound to replace 3way valve and is considering changing the boiler as it 15 yrs old to a combination boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vallient VC gb 182 eh and 3 port valve prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
I am a DIY'er and I need to replace the 3-port valve of my bungalow. I am aware I could bung the F&E but I don't really want to chance this...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock