Discuss Valiant Turbomax 242 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

biofish

Hi guys,

Being a young plumber myself im still getting to grips with alot of things, problem is currently at my house.

I've establish what the problem is (I think) - The little white arm based in the diverter valve isnt coming down on water demand to fire the boiler(onto the microswitch plate). Now I've already had a valiant engineer out who replaced the micro switch and diaphragm in the valve but now 4 weeks on its happened again.

Now storys say this is a common fault on this type of boiler and that changing the diaphragm is a waste of time and can potentionally weaken the body of the valve.

If this is the case why did he take the easy option instead of fixing the problem at its root? Now I'm not moaning at his work ethic as he did service the boiler and fit 3 new parts for 90 quid which I cant see as a bad price. But I'm still slightly annoyed im now without hot water.

I've tried manually holding down the mswitch to fire the boiler but even after 5 minutes there was no hot water. I assuming its ceased inside to heating only? (yes I still have heating).

I'm rambling on but im sure you get the jist of what im going on about.

Cheers

could be very dirty water in system causing breakdown of diaphram washer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant Turbomax 242 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock