Discuss Valiant or Ferroli??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Hi guys and gals,
I'm putting in a new boiler in a few eeks but am torn between two manufacturers.
Had a number of shops and B.G. guys say Valiant all the way and a number of plumbers say Ferroli.
The shop guys and BG guys say keep well away from Ferroli but they come with a 5 year manufacturers guarantee anyway whereas Valiant only give either 2 or 3 year guarantee but are supposed to be the mutts nuts of boilers.

Any advise on who to go for for a new condensing boiler??

Many Thanks

Tosh

Both boilers are very good,and both will give you years of trouble free use,I would go for Valiant because having installed many,they have never given me any trouble but I know ferroli fitters will say the same
But I still feel the build quality of the Valiant is second to non

i shall continue in the spirit of harping on about vaillant. probably installed 50 in the last 5 years, great boiler. allthough now i refuse to install 1 ever again due to their aftersales technical help. ive been kept on hold for over 45mins twice, and it will never happen to me again, wont even go to a domestic property with 1 installed.
rant over. (again)

ferroli are good boilers.

shaun

I fit mainly Vaillant and have never had any problems. However technical support is carp. Sad for what is otherwise a very good product. 400 series are a bit particular about flow rate through HE.

VAILLANT>>>>>>>>>>>>They have the worst technical support...................................FACT! I was on hold for over an hour......................... I will never work on another vaillant unless it is a job to rip it out!

Guess that answers my question then really. Many Thanks gents..
spoke to another couple of friends who had Ferroli installed and said the after sales service was really good just needed to make sure everything was followed to the letter to keep the warrantee going.

Many Thanks again guys. Hope you're all staying busy. I am just.

Hmm!

We worked on Vailliant combis on a site and over a period of about five years they had had nearly as much spent on them for repairs as they had cost to put in. They where known and still are I think for technical excellence. But reliability?

The old ones seemed to be excessively over engineered. And on housing you want "fit and forget" simplicity.

Ferroli seems good, but they also had a bit of a rough rep. The problem is after sales and spares availability. I would look into that first rather than choose.

Ask yourself "How easy is this boiler going to be to keep running regarding repairs?"

Does it have a PC interface for fault finding read outs, do I have the gear to be able to use it?

:)

Coal fires where better, you knew where you where with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant or Ferroli??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock