Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant turbomax 282e - F28 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbSafe

I have this Vaillant Breakdown come in today, was serviced by an engineer yesterday, all was fine before his visit, custard says he said he adjusted it because he thought the burner was noisy.

What it does is on DHW it takes a couple of attempts to ignite but it works fine when it does.

when you want heating it lights after a couple of attempts but seems to be really low, then it cuts out after a couple of seconds and goes to lockout with the fault code F28.

I noticed an old gas valve and box at the bottom of the airing cupboard, so this may have happened before.

Any Ideas.
icon_rolleyes.gif

this is controlled by the pcb, right, so its either the ignition pressure has drifted low or the pcb is shot, as it does work on dhw.

i think F28 is a code for not having gas , if he changed the stings he mast have under gas the appliance i would check gas pressure and do use your analyser to read the levels of CO/CO2 ratios

I will do SafeGasInstall, I have the manual now so should be a lot easier to find fault, I will post result once I get sent back, its a council contract and the turn around on parts is shocking, I ordered a new Gas Valve and PCB thinking it was either one, hopefully its just ignition rate. what a difference having the MI's is to just winging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant turbomax 282e - F28 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock