Discuss Vaillant, Ideal, Worcester: 10 year warranties! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackspaven

Okay, so coincidentally, the two quotes I've had in so far for a replacement combi have happened to have been Worcester approved fitters, but I'm not ruling out other makes, just have to potentially find recommended approved fitters. So far, the general feel of it seems to be £2100-2300 for a 28-30kw combi with filter & rf thermostat (not bothered if it's hardwired, just seems to be not much more with worcester and extra functionality so seems daft not to get rf with that make!), so is it likely to be about the same ballpark figure whichever I choose?

I know it'll be ten people, ten opinions, but on the basis that these three seem to be giving ten year warranties which'll give peace of mind to the average punter, which make would you go for if you were picking around a roughly 25-30kw combi??

Also, are there any catches, like you have to have a horrendously expensive annual service by the Pope himself to validate the warranty??

I would go with Worcester, simply for the after care...

The pope himself could service your boiler annually & it could run purely on sentinel x100 inhibitor & as clean as mineral water but vaillant would still try & wriggle out of a warranty claim ;)

or go for intergas and have a boiler that doesnt have the parts that breakdown in a worcester

You guys! :)

One thing that seems to come up occasionally from what I've read is that the internals are better being stainless steel due to the condensates acidity. Probably got that slightly wrong but you will know what I mean... so do those or most boiler's nowadays have stainless steel where it's needed or is it something to be wary of with certain makes/models??

Worcesters are alu
Intergas are alu
Ideal are alu
Viessmann are stainless steel
Atag are stainless steel

Worcesters are alu
Intergas are alu
Ideal are alu
Viessmann are stainless steel
Atag are stainless steel

And Vaillant?

Basically, it's not a concern then. I presume those materials used run throughout their respective ranges and not just the top level models?

And Vaillant?

Basically, it's not a concern then. I presume those materials used run throughout their respective ranges and not just the top level models?

Not 100% as don't fit them but think there plastic and stainless steel

Vaillant are stainless steel, but like most stainless steel Spiral heat exchangers they are more prone to sludge upsetting the boiler, iv done a couple recently that had to be powerflushed to restore flow through the boiler, they kettle like crazy!

I know all boilers are low water content, but I don't think the spiral hex helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant, Ideal, Worcester: 10 year warranties! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this is an old question but here goes. I'm looking for some advice regarding switching from a conventional boiler to a combi. I moved...
Replies
Views
I have done a extensive research and watched hours of videos about all of them and looking for the most suitable boiler for our house. The house...
Replies
Views
I would be grateful if I could have some details about both of these boilers. so I was thinking of a point system from 0-10 on the followings and...
Replies
Views
Alan 48
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock