Discuss Vaillant 837 letting by at internal filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Whats the best way to cap off a Vaillant plus which has the integral filling loop, I'm going to fit an external one, Would prefer to cap off the old one rather then pay for new valves and loop. Cheers in advance.

Just replace the valves and do the job properly the first time the customer has too pay so do it right.

But to be fair to the OP, you don’t know the state of play. It could be a love job for somebody and wanting it done cheap, he may have a filling loop spare. I’ve no doubt a valiant loop will be more dearer than an £8 filling loop.

I agree but bottom line is the non return valve on the cold inlet is letting by which in turn is forcing pressure through the flow valve. So to be honest how can you cap it off when it's held in place by an o ring and clip.

1. Last time I had to change one, the parts cost was about £120 (both iso's, non-return and flexi). Its an outrageous price for some pretty simple components.

2. And that was the second time it had failed within 10 years.

3. External filling loop is, in my opinion, the way to go. No fancy manufacturer's prices, simple to do. Overall, better for the customer.

Reply to Vaillant 837 letting by at internal filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
V
Hi Guys, The valves on both sides of my Valiant 837 filling loop are letting through causing a constant pressure rise (seems to be a common...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock