Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent help ferroli nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Gone to look at boiler for mate who is selling.

Turned off boiler to do checks try and turn back on and I only get F9

GC 47-267-38

hot water was working now nothing.

Checked continuity on wiring to water sensor as indicated but have no idea what voltage I should be looking at as helpline closed.

Can anyone suggest me an answer here.

Found do it peculiar that there are two blue wires not attached to anything which apparently should attach to water temp sensor. do we think someone's been fiddling or does this model not have one

heeeeeelp I'm stuck here

Is it just the 2 wire flow switch? Just check continuity through it when the tap is open. I think they are low voltage.

If it's the 3 wire turbine then you get about 5v when no hot water demand and then it halves to 2.5v when you have a demand.

F9 does suggest a fault with the flow switch though

It is very very weird mate and thank you for coming back Flow switch is tested and continuity is fine bit of a head scratcher. I'm just hoping it's not the PCB as I'm the last person to touch it and it definitely was working until I did I think I'm just going to have to systematically check every wire as that is another thing the F9 code indicates

I've had it on glow worms before, where you knock the power off and back on and it blows the pcb, so could be a similar issue

I've had it on glow worms before, where you knock the power off and back on and it blows the pcb, so could be a similar issue

I am still inclined to believe a previous engineer has been fiddling and has linked something out I know it's not related but I still have these two blue wires which should be attached to the temperature sensor but that is nowhere to be found

So is there no temperature sensor on the hot water pipe?

Found the answer two hours later. Some chimp so called engineer had linked it out so that the thermostat wasn't used. Assuming he couldn't be bothered to go and get another one when it broke before. Have left boiler off will return tomorrow with a thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent help ferroli nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock