Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown Shower Mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arididit

Hi Everyone, hope somebody can help me out. I need to fix my shower valve as it has a few problems. Only thing is I havnt got a clue what make and model it is. Can anyone tell from the pic ive got????

Thanks in advance?

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi Everyone, hope somebody can help me out. I need to fix my shower valve as it has a few problems. Only thing is I havnt got a clue what make and model it is. Can anyone tell from the pic ive got????

Thanks in advance?
bad news this looks like a wickes/b and q special if theres no name on it, which i doubt there is, you have to change the lot use a known make next time then you can get spares

No way, i just need a new shower cartridge, surely wickes and b&q do parts for old showers??

If i need to change the whole unit i`ll need to rip out the fake wall right?? what a MISSION!

Take the cartridge out and post a picture of it, it might assist in identifying the manufacturer.
Steve

if you do have to change the whole unit, think about the possibility of going in through the opposite side of the wall, ie the bedroom! easier to replaster than find tiles to match.

shaun

i agree, wikes have a habit to buy in one offs from around the world and sell them exclusively. they wont tell you the maufacturing country either.
happened to me at my house last week trying to find spares all over the uk, phone call to phone call only to be told no.
sod them next time i can buy cheeper any how.

OK, so i`ll get the cartridge out this weekend and post a pic of it as a last hope.

If not then i`ll have to make do till i can afford a new bathroom, thanks for the tips guys. I`ll think about going in from the opposite wall but thats the stairway and may prove even more difficult.

Next time i`ll make sure i buy a house that has a MIRA :eek:)

If you need to change it you could do what I've done on the past. I had a sheet of stainless cut to cover the old hole and fitted a surface shower mixer on the front of it with the pipes coming through. This meant that I could alter the pipes to suit the new spacing with no need for re-tiling.

Mike

Looking at the wickes collection alot of them are Aquariss, which kindda look very smilar to mine. Anyone know if this company do parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown Shower Mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock