Search the forum,

Discuss Undersink water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
hi guys

i basically have no experience of fitting these so could do with some guidance. Haven't touched them since college!!!

cust has small studio flat with no gas and doesn't want to take up space with a cylinder.

My question is really two fold:

Studio has a kitchen sink and a bathroom basin. Can I get away with one under sink heater? Outlets are approx 7m apart mains enters property by bathroom basin.

Regardless of of whether I need 1 or 2 under sink units can someone recommend one? Preferably one with everything I need included.

Cheers folks
matt

Ariston 3kw 15litre. buy the expn vessel and prv as well or you'll need a drippy tap as I call them

Those there "drippy taps" are mighty expensive too!! And no matter how many times you tell people they always over tighten them!

Ariston 3kw 15litre. buy the expn vessel and prv as well or you'll need a drippy tap as I call them
OK with 3Kw, 15 Litres for two outlets but you can't use the vent taps (drippy taps) lame !! So it will have to be the un-vented kit Riley.

You could also try the Heatrea Hotflo.

funny, but when i did my ariston one it was a choice of drippy tap or the expn kit in the catalogue, prehaps its all changed

Redring ew15. No need for a drippy tap.
Thanks Croppie, read up the tech spec on these is the 4.5m expansion on the cold main in any direction or just as long as it's 4.5m before the heater?

4.5m before the heater but you can get a pressure reducing set including a 1ltr expansion vessel.

funny, but when i did my ariston one it was a choice of drippy tap or the expn kit in the catalogue, prehaps its all changed
Nothing changed lame, if you have one heater & one appliance then yes indeed you can have a vent tap (your drippy tap) but it won't work with two appliances on one heater I am afraid, no matter how you try to configure the pipework.

Last edited:
I like the Hyco ones. Never bother with the drippy tap, always use the expansion vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Undersink water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock