Search the forum,

Discuss ultracom rattle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glow Worm Ultracom 35 store.

Hi Everybody.
Hope someone can shed some light on this one, the above boiler rattles when you call for hot water or when it heats its storage up early morning, but it is ok when the heating is on, its quite lowd and vibrates through the pipework.
It does it almost immediately even before the burner has kicked in.
I have replaced the plate to plate, diverter valve and the pressure vessel over the last few monthes and this has started just in the last few weeks.
I have spoken to Glow Worm technical but not a lot of help, I suppose telephone diagnosis can be tricky.
If any one can help it would be most appreciated.
many thanks

Alan

Unless gas safe you can't take the cover off get a gas safe eng out

and really you shouldn't of replaced / cleaned the heat exchanger/ other parts

Last edited:
well actually I am gas safe registered so perfectly compitent to carry out above work.

Alan

That's fine as you can understand we can't discuss fixing gas appliances on an open forum, get your post count upto 10 and pm gas man (the mod) with your gas safe no and he will let you in to the reg installers part

As Shaun says mate. Hang around say a few hellos get your posts up and join us in the private gas forum and we can help you out

That's fine as you can understand we can't discuss fixing gas appliances on an open forum, get your post count upto 10 and pm gas man (the mod) with your gas safe no and he will let you in to the reg installers part

As above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ultracom rattle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Some advice would be very much appreciated. Our Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler recently developed a few issues. Recently some our taps/shower but not all of them will run hot initially and then run cold after around 2 minutes of running hot. The heat exchanger was replaced by our...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice please? I have an Ultracom 30HXI that serves DHW, Radiators and UFH manifolds. The boiler is experiencing short cycling problems and I have had a heating engineer attend twice now and he is unable to diagnose. The problem is as follows: When...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock