Search the forum,

Discuss trv single pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cardiy

HiHi Have viewed this topic before but still not clear. I have Drayton trv never fitted I think its a trv3 or even 2 as its not got black rubber under thermostat. Anyway it has full diameter holes on the in and out and is flow one direction only, it looks to me to give identical flow to a manual shutoff as fitted to my system, if that is the case the flow should be OK but will the the thermostatic control work? I can't work out from posts what is being said is it flow or control that's the problem, it seems that most modern trv have restricted diameters and you have to pay through the nose for a full diameter flow. I have seen Evolve trv pictures which seem to have full diameter holes if so will these work on a single pipe system. Mine works well but need controls on some rads. Please can someone clarify.

Be careful with fitting trvs to a one pipe, depending on how it is piped up it could stop all rads from working when it shuts off. You can check this by turning the rads off that you want to fit the valves to on the lock shield. If the rest of the system still works, you are fine to fit trvs.

Thanks for replies. It seems that big manufacturers have gone over to restricted inlets to make balancing on modern systems easier whereas their original models were just auto versions of manual valves. So if I can find full diameter trv by some manufacturer who still uses the original concept will they work. I don't want to pay a big price because there is a premium on low volume sales. A quick scan of images on the net does show some with full diameter connections. I am diy but done full systems on previous houses so not muppet, this system already in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trv single pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice. I am trying to replace the manual radiator valves on a towelrail with a TRV: I ordered a Myson 2TRV15SN, and the tail seems to be identical with the current setup, however I am not sure who to attach the copper pipe at the bottom. This doesn't seem like a standard...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been great particularly in the extended part with only a few of the original radiators getting very hot. We replaced the downstairs radiators with UFH...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock