Discuss Traditional stopcock verses pegler ball valve as an internal stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good afternoon,

I have been asked to replace a stopcock under the sink with a 1/4 turn pegler style valve on the incoming main. I have had a look through water regs and it doesn't say you can't (or should I say I didn't see it!) so wondering if anyone has any views.

Elderly resident with limited dexterity and strength to turn off a stopcock.

Regards

No problem with a ball valve, I'd be thinking standard stop tap then a sure stop with the switch somewhere convenient (above the counter top?) if they have limited mobility, would save them crawling on the floor.

1/4 turn is fine so long as it is to the correct standards & WRAS approved, I have fitted these to 42mm incoming main as stop valves due to the cost difference between them & stopcocks.

I'd either fit stop tap then full bore lever or stop tap sure stop full bore ISO

If the customers elderly with limited dexterity its not going to get any better, so reaching into the back of a cupboard to turn a full bore lever might not be doable in a couple of years, this is where I'd fit a surestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Traditional stopcock verses pegler ball valve as an internal stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Finally I have figured out what the two stop cocks in the kitchen do as they both had to be replaced due to leaks. The one under...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock