Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Top and bottom radiator tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanner2k7

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,
I am currently working on a site, that has to connect radiator using the top and bottom method. Does it matter where the flow goes, I was always told it should go to the top, but my contract manager says it does not matter as the TRV's are bidirectional.

I would say it probably doesn't matter providing that the valves are bi directional, traditionally they would be positioned at the top, I guess it's dependant on appearance now :)

Thought the flow had to go top, top/bottom-opposite end method

Could be wrong tho........

Flow to top, return out of opposite end bottom
Leaves a nice bit of sludge in bottom of rad under flow side over time :smartass2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Top and bottom radiator tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm looking to fit a small Nordic 3 column radiator, but the red plastic bung that indicated the top has been removed along with all...
Replies
Views
Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice. I am trying to replace the manual radiator valves on a towelrail with a TRV: I ordered a Myson 2TRV15SN, and the tail...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem ...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock