Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss They don't make em like that anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
IMG_4163.jpgIMG_4161.jpg

From the the land that time forgot. An old Pilinger oil burner and Beeston boiler

Took a similar boiler out not long ago. Ideal Britannia.
She Weighed in at just over 4 tonne.
Man's work !

Took a bath out today. Pop up waste. Waste was solid brass and overflow solid copper. Don't make them like that anymore :)

Ain't that bugger the model with the refractory bricks that are a pain in the aris to get at?

Ain't that bugger the model with the refractory bricks that are a pain in the aris to get at?

The Britania was full of em. filled a 4 yard skip ! They were all similar. used to re brick em inside years ago. Robin hood were same too

Yeh redid a few fire boxes in me younger days.
Probably a bit too round nowadays to squeeze in there.
The new generation of plumbers wouldn't believe that kind of machine exists

Yeh redid a few fire boxes in me younger days.
Probably a bit too round nowadays to squeeze in there.
The new generation of plumbers wouldn't believe that kind of machine exists

New generation?
You mean these plastic plumbers ?
you won't see them touching that boiler, too scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to They don't make em like that anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock