Discuss thermostatic controller on radiator replacement advice needed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

the thermostatic controller has snapped off the top of one of the radiator valves is the threaded metal collar standard to all valves?
Can I fit one fro a different make?

Not (AFAIK) interchangeable between manufacturers but there are a relatively small number of common makes. Can you upload a photo of the one you're trying to replace?

If yours is obsolete there are adapters that will sometimes allow fitting of some other makes.

You mention thread so that's a good start, some use unique fixings.

If there's a makers name or other part number on the broken one, or any others if they are the same, post that info as well.

Thank you
Here are some photos
No maker's name printed anywhere
The ring is about 32mm on the outside and 28mm on the inside

Attachments

• 20230926_111915.jpg
    20230926_111915.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230926_111952.jpg
    20230926_111952.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 14
Buy one to try. If it's what you want and they're only £6 a pop, I'd recommend you buy a replacement for all of the ones you've got of the same age as the one that's failed because you'll probably find they are all about fail in the same way.

You've been very, very lucky. Looked familiar (as they all do) but couldn't ID, it was the first one that popped up on an image search and they sell the heads seperately too which is unusual for a non brand.

Reply to thermostatic controller on radiator replacement advice needed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock