Discuss the installers choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Bold statement by worcester , o.k B.G seem to push them but out of the installers on here is it your choice to sell to custs??

No,I do not

I do not think they are a bad boiler and have no problem fitting them if requested,I look after many and have no real problems,the reason I do not recommend them is because they quite simply over priced for what they are and there are just as good ,if not better boilers on the market for less

imho

ps

and think worcester tend to believe there own publicity ,which is also dangerous

more like living off the reputation from a number of years ago. Most merchants around by me now only keep worcesters on the shelf, almost all other makes are kept at feeders only. Must be many installers choice.

I've never yet been called back to a fault on a Worcester boiler that I've installed - oil. Like SimonG, I don't do gas.

Seem top have common faults from what i hear/come across but was curious what fitters/gas engineers have a boiler preferance of on this forum.

I fit Worcester if the customer wants it, but usually I fit Vaillant because I like them personally, but ask 10 different engineers and be prepared for 10 different answers.

Well thats what i mean seems a big statement by worcester to claim its the installers choice where as youi say ask 10 engineers get 10 answwers

dont like worcesters but the oil camray i fitted recently is simple piece of kit and looks well built gas i prefer BAXI

I prefer to fit Ideals and Vaillants. Im not keen on Worcesters, sharp edges, pain in the bum flue ( not long enough if you're fitting to the side and the fixings are a pain), Hate that initial start up thing the cdi does, the wireless programmable stat needs to be programmed by a scientist and the case never seems to fit perfectly flush.... other than that they're ok!

not a big fan of them install wise, dont like boilers that you have to bleed the HE from the hose, water gets everywhere.

I'll fit whatever customer can afford imho but would go for vaillants if they can afford them

Grants for OIL, Worcester or IDEAL LOGIC+ for gas. That's MHO :)

I like installing the Logic +, dont know how they are for reliability though

Worcesters are very overpriced boilers which in my opinion are living on past reputation. Many boilers are as good or better for less money but unfortunatley most customers have been brainwashed in to believing some of the hype and always seem to ask when you've offered them your choice of boiler , what about a worcester ?

I always fit Worcesters, have had next to no problems with them.

I like fit ideal logic+ as well as glow worm cxi's real easy and quick install, prob being with ideal will they start conking out in few years???
Is glow worm owned by vaillant now??

i'm a baxi man myself. duo-tec ,platinium & potterton gold all good and reliable boilers. worcester definetly overpriced & not as good to fit as baxi

i installed the new duo-tec the other day, wasnt too impressed with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the installers choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Choosing the right pipes for your home is a critical decision that impacts the longevity and efficiency of your plumbing system. In this...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Back