Discuss Tesy unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommyn

Hi all,

been out to visit a property today which had a tesy cylinder fitted.

has anyone come across one before?

no dish charge pipe work or valves fitted and no expansion vessel,

Looked up on net. It appears to come from Bulgaria

No expansion vessel, no T&P valve, no CE mark. Not G3 compliant as far as I can make out.

It needs to comply with EN 12897 which it doesn't appear to do so can't be (legally) fitted but there is always some numpty.
Don't touch it apart from disconnecting the thing if they will allow you and recommend it gets changed.

Are people really that stupid, answer YES!! You could argue that if they want to kill themselves then so be it but it's always the others around them that cop it as well.

Report it to the local Building Control Office, they may not do anything about it but at least your conscience is clear.

(P.S. it carries NO - BBA or KIWA approval as required by Part G)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tesy unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock