Discuss telephone numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
any got exspericence with moving phone numbers?

i have a house phone at the moment and use it for my works number

now im moving to a new house locally but its on a diffrent exchange so cant simply move it as a personal number

does anyone no if i change the number to a business number etc i will be able to move it etc>??

What you can do is pay for a service that puts your new number on your old number like an answer machine message.

As your old number is phoned, your new number is given out. (that makes more sense)

Alternatively, write to all the customers you like and want to keep.

Then the late payers/nit pickers/halfwits as well as the holiday prizes, home insulation, double glazing, etc can find someone else and stop bothering you.

i don't really like the idea of using my home number, that's why im looking at 0845 numbers, would love a deal that would redirect to my mobile for cheap or free, but im a bit skeptical of some of the internet sites

yea i like the idea of a 0845 number but are they exspensive to have? and do you think people will ring a 0845 number? some prefer local numbers, i struggle to get older customers to ring my mobile!

I have an 0808 freephone number with Buzz networks all calls are routed to my mobile. I pay monthly rental ÂŁ9.95, I pay ÂŁ1.75 for a paper invoice, I could get it by email and save ÂŁ1.75, but it's just not the same when you come home from a days work to not find a bill on the doormat.... On average I will get around 50 calls a month via this number and the average bill for this including the ÂŁ9.95 and ÂŁ1.75 is around ÂŁ25-ÂŁ30 a month.
I also get my landline re-directed via Virgin this costs ÂŁ2 to set up and I get around 600-800 calls a month via this route and the bill is around ÂŁ130 a month, but this method I am paying for my home phone to call my mobile so the bill is high. Anything other than a freephone or landline number does put people off incuding just advertising a mobile number...

problem i have is i have been trading off my landline and mobile number for over 12months and really dont want to lose my land line number so im stuck no not sure what to do! only wanted to move 1/4mile away and its on a diffrent exchange! balls!!

so my thinkin was a 0845 0r o0844 number and mobile and can move these numbers with me were ever i go in the future but im going to lose my original number which means van needs altering, thomson local, local rag, business cards etc etc

You can transfer any number to another service provider for a fixed fee even mobile numbers. Have you spoken to customer services? I moved house 6 years ago from Barking to Dagenham around 5 miles or so. Just told them what I wanted to do and they did it, no problem whatsoever..

spoke to bt, they say its around ÂŁ40 pounds a month to transfer the number to new house, going to speak to a business side of bt 2mora see if the situation is any diffrent,

what happend when you moved house, number on divert? one off payment to move it or?

Instead of getting an 0845 number you could get a local number that you could transfer to any number here.

I've not tried it, just come across it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to telephone numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm hoping for some advice. We have a very ancient thermostat for our radiators in a very old building. This morning there was no heat and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock