Discuss Taps and Showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Couldn't believe this. Wasn't expecting to do this. IMG_20151220_120219.jpgIMG_20151220_145038.jpgIMG_20151220_120214.jpgIMG_20151220_133006.jpg Cornered taps centres of 150mm. As the standard 180mm. Custards bought on amazon and had to drill hole in Bath. Never wanted to do it! It was the only option and drilled with permission.
Took the two h&c taps out of basin drilled a centre hole in basin for mono "instead of money"
What I can't get over is how custard was telling me what to do and "have I got the tools"
Anyway took couple of hours and charged £50.
Defo "money-block" tap

£50 is that it?

Yeah that's quite reasonable priced, what drill did u use for the basin????

Couldn't believe this.
Defo "money-block" tap

I'm of the opinion that you're just kidding when you say you charged £50? That is less than half price for the job. Customer cannot make a ''mistake'', then you bail them out for FREE. They must think Xmas came early.
1) I wouldn't have done it &
2) If they insisted & gave consent as they did, I'd have done it at a price. Minimum I would have charged, £120. May be £100 if they are elderly couple but no less.

Couldn't believe this. Wasn't expecting to do this. View attachment 24260View attachment 24261View attachment 24262View attachment 24263 Cornered taps centres of 150mm. As the standard 180mm. Custards bought on amazon and had to drill hole in Bath. Never wanted to do it! It was the only option and drilled with permission.
Took the two h&c taps out of basin drilled a centre hole in basin for mono "instead of money"
What I can't get over is how custard was telling me what to do and "have I got the tools"
Defo "money-block" tap

It's up to you what you charge, but your selling yourself short mate.

It's up to you what you charge, but your selling yourself short mate.

If spanner is telling the truth, then he really needs to revisit his pricing/charging structure. It's way too cheap. Ant to think the customer keep asking if he had the right tools or telling him how to do it? I'd have given them a bill to remember. That way, they will at least consult a plumber b4 buying stuff, or get the plumber to buy it.

If spanner is telling the truth, then he really needs to revisit his pricing/charging structure. It's way too cheap. Ant to think the customer keep asking if he had the right tools or telling him how to do it? I'd have given them a bill to remember. That way, they will at least consult a plumber b4 buying stuff, or get the plumber to buy it.

+1 i would want more than that to do the bath taps not much space

Exactly what NEVER had happened.
Bit tricky..
Just moved in..
Calls me Thursday afternoon.
Says waters leaking out of Bath taps..
Gets there 2000hrs
He turned up 20:30
And "NO PRESTO"
No leaks no nothing!
Just "can you fit these taps"
Went straight home,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taps and Showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently bought a house and the shower is leaking. I'm guessing it just needs the washers replaced. However, when I started to have a look I...
Replies
Views
Hello I bought a Grohe two hole tap like this one to install in a cloakroom, and got this concealed mixer for the tap. While all the pictures...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock