Discuss System pumps over when hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cold feed pipe gets warm but not hot when the pump over is occurring (although as soon as I notice pumping over I tend to turn the system off). Have just checked and it doesn't seem to get up to the flow water temperature near the bottom of the pipe, so a blockage in the feed pipe could be the problem. I guess it must be worth attacking with a plunger in the F&E tank in the first instance?

joni os: will try that when I can find a suitable bung. Probably later this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a long horizontal 15mm pipe run from the F&E tank so I had a go at this with a straightened coathanger first, then tried applying the plunger to the F&E tank outlet. Ran the system up this morning and no pump-over after 2 hours - so maybe I've shifted just enough to make it work. I also drained off a small amount of water from the system so hopefully whatever was in the feed pipe is now circulating and being dissolved by the sludge remover.

Many thanks to everyone who helped - fingers firmly crossed :smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System pumps over when hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back