Discuss Swapping this shower. With pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi had a friend asked me to swap this shower. Elderly, now struggling to turn the handle and now wants a lever type. I have included a few pictures. It's all accessible in the airing cupboard. The shower is pumped.

Minimal disruption to tiles also required.

Was thinking along the lines of something like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...n=googlebase&gclid=CKaLnoeQmc0CFbcW0wodZIUFAw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Can't see the photo clearly, but that looks like a Mira valve. You could get a service kit for it if it is a 723 model and maybe a large lever from Mira if they still sell them.

Ok. Thanks. I'll look in to that service kit.

Not sure why my pictures are coming out so badly.

Plus one for servicing the Mira, they're bomb proof
If you do replace, go with a thermostatic valve, if they're elderly, you don't want to run the risk of scalding

Another the hot water runs intermittent on hot unless the pump is turned off, then the temperature is fine. Poor flow though obviously.

I can find service kits but nothing to suggest I can put a lever on it.

there maybe a disabled kit for the 88 as im sure i saw one with a decent level, best to phone mira

there maybe a disabled kit for the 88 as im sure i saw one with a decent level, best to phone mira

Going to give them a call tomorrow thanks. If no lever available I'm going to provide 2 quotes, one for a Mira element and a cheaper alternative.

An 88 is only a manual mixer. I would recommend a thermostatic replacement for an elderly customer.

I agree. Mira 88 is not a safe shower for elderly. I couldn't see in the photo what model it was.

You said the temperature is ok with the pump off but unstable when on? Could indicate a problem with the pump? Partial airlock on hot side?

You said the temperature is ok with the pump off but unstable when on? Could indicate a problem with the pump? Partial airlock on hot side?

Yes I did say the pump could be the fault but he said change the shower and worry about the pump after.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/swirl-...me/63176#product_additional_details_container

Going for this. Going to be the simplest and cheapest option.

How long would any of expect it to take?

I'm thinking 2-3 hours 2 should be plenty but an extra hour for unforeseen problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Swapping this shower. With pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
Hi All, I have a 2m x 2m bathroom suite which I'd like to completely change out myself. I'd be replacing the bathroom suite for like for like...
Replies
Views
Hello I bought a Grohe two hole tap like this one to install in a cloakroom, and got this concealed mixer for the tap. While all the pictures...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just joined the forum in the hope of some help removing a shower knob. I have an Axor Starck concealed shower (picture attached) and have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock