Search the forum,

Discuss Replace Bathroom Suite (DIY) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a 2m x 2m bathroom suite which I'd like to completely change out myself. I'd be replacing the bathroom suite for like for like. I'm going to go for something like the following:

As for the walls, they are currently tiled but I'd be looking to apply Shower/Wet wall all round, PVC for the ceiling & vinyl for the flooring.

My main issue that is blocking me cracking on I think is the shower. I currently have a Electric shower in place so only a cold feed coming in. I'd like to change this to a mixer shower so I'll need a hot feed piped in from my combi boiler. This is the part I am really needing advice on please?

One other thing is ideally I'd like to include some sort of extraction so any advice/ideas on this would be great!

TIA!
Mike

Hi, A bathroom is a big job to take on and needs a fair amount of subtle expertise to ensure it lasts - good luck!
shower feeds usually 150mm apart
Extract through wall or ceiling ducted to sofits.
Take care fitting and sealing bath, regardless of fitting system I would always have bath sat on (and sealed to) batons where ever it meets a wall.
As a minimum I would have some kind of waterproof coating atleast a few inches from bath extending up wall. If plasterboard then should at least be green stuff but ideally concrete or composite boards.
I often paint on a membrane, seal bath to batons (weight bath), seal bath to wall, fit wall covering, seal bath to wall covering.
Don't fit shower screen untill everything else is sealed and set!
Only seal screen externally, do NOT put ANY sealant on inside of shower screen!

I don't do bathrooms, I just don't enjoy it.
Surprisingly very little plumbing involved when all considered.
Come to think of it it's a bit like expecting an electrician to casualy also fit kitchens.
Time it went the same way as leadwork imo🙂

I don't do bathrooms, I just don't enjoy it.
Surprisingly very little plumbing involved when all considered.
Come to think of it it's a bit like expecting an electrician to casualy also fit kitchens.
Time it went the same way as leadwork imo🙂

I do a lot of bathrooms, but it takes a toll. Going to concentrate on oil servicing and repairs in the new year.

Reply to Replace Bathroom Suite (DIY) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock