Discuss Surestop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netpolymath

Should plumbers recommend surestop? Is it reliable and long lasting?

Amazing peice of kit. I think they should be fitted to every new home

I've fitted a couple, one of my slightly older customers who works away a bit tells me every time she see's me how good it is!! and how easy and the peice of mind she has, flick the switch and she can go out safe in the knowlage the water is all off and safe!!

great gadget, but like so many other things the action is post event. fit one after a burst pipe, fit an alarm after you've been robbed etc

Defo a good piece! And let's by no water what do ever. But can a switch powered by pressure really be that reliable????

Hope I am not the first one to find out!

They are brilliant I have fitted hundreds in their 10 year history
if you go to the Surestop website you can also attend their free training days and also become a Platinum Installer

They are brilliant I have fitted hundreds in their 10 year history
if you go to the Surestop website you can also attend their free training days and also become a Platinum Installer

What are they like to work for? :)

they would be better if they were compression imo. to many bady installed ones causing water hammer/jumping. also they do stop working if a tiny amount of debris gets into them.

going to buck the trend here ,
dont like them , ideal for turning water off but pressurise system way to quick if you doing an install always half expect a fitting to blow off when instantly pressurised to 3 - 7 bar .

The system pressure will rise rapidly when Mrs Jones turns off her 1/4 turn sink mixer anyway so I can't see that it will make much difference.

The system pressure will rise rapidly when Mrs Jones turns off her 1/4 turn sink mixer anyway so I can't see that it will make much difference.

On existing system quarter turn tap no issue with no where your coming from ,not a fan of them tho on system add ons etc where possibility of switching surestop on and walk into bathroom to find a dodgy fibre washer hoofing out and 10 litres water everywhere ,,,,but as stated are decent kit i'm prob old fashioned

Just a kill switch on cold main ,good for the elderly or village idiots who cant turn /reach stop cocks .

Just a kill switch on cold main ,good for the elderly or village idiots who cant turn /reach stop cocks .

It you go on the free installing course,and get your free lunch.
You then have to part with £200.00 quid.
To become a P' member.

I just saw this product at a trade show and was quite impressed. Seems much more maintainence free than traditional stop cocks.

I knocked up a demo rig yesterday to have running whilst I'm at boot fairs. It's run from a 12v caravan water pump.

demo rig by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

That's odd it's the right way round on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea mike, there'll be loads of old biddies at the car boot who fancy one of them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hopefully the idea is get my foot in the door with this and I'll then become the plumber that they trust and call on for other works. I can undercut BG and Homeserve big time on fitting them most of the time and if I can't it's because it's a pig of a job and BG are welcome to it.

B&Q were selling off the original version at a fiver each. I bought 10 of them and made a packet. By the way the original version carries no warranty though as the company went out of business and were bought over. The new company have improved on the design of the original but both work just the same.

Fitted these on caravan sites on residential caravans. It makes it easy for the owner to switch off the water after a wee holiday rather than having to crawl under a caravan to get at the main stopcock.

I reckon they're pretty good, they have their uses and don't substitute a standard stop tap but as said, good for the grey hair brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Surestop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Sure stop tap won’t turn water back on. Flicked switch to turn surestop ‘tap back on but water supply not coming back on. A trickle comes through...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Back