Search the forum,

Discuss summer holiday in Orkney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi has any one been up there ,just planing to go for a week as my brother in low lives up there ?

Any thoughts welcome !

A beautiful island but take a jacket. You'll need it. When you get off the boat wonder why there are no trees! lol. If the weather is decent you will love it. Nice people and excellent place.

Just spent a week in Wester Ross. Fishing and walking up mountains and through glens (and picking ticks out of the dogs (too many deer)). You could walk all day and never see a soul. The weather was excellent as in no rain and light winds 15 - 20º.
2 hr walk or an hour drive to the nearest pub.
76 mile round trip for a bottle of whisky on Thursday when i ran out of "supplies".
Absolutely loved it.
I've been to many places around the world and each has there good points but for me you just can't beat some of this
IMG_2791.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to summer holiday in Orkney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, What does the summer/winter dial do on a tank less gas geyser? Should you adjust it or leave it on one mode or adjust it according to seasons? Any info would be great thanks.
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need a small water heater for a bathroom sink tap. I was going to have an unvented undercounter unvented cylinder installed by a plumber. I'm a sad old git living alone and working a crappie job. Twice, I have used up a very valuable days holiday to wait at home for the local G3 water...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock