Discuss sub contracting for plumbing service firms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all
hopefully someone out there will have experience of this...
im a self employed plumber, and i run my own business, as im sure some of you can identify with, times are difficult finding good quality work at the moment.
ive been looking into sub contracting for a large emergency service company that obviously has the advertising clout that i dont, to get regular work.
theres a couple about that it seems you can register with, and i assume they feed you the work and take their "cut" as it were. Has anyone had any experience with any of these sorts of companies any info or pearls of wisdom greatly recieved!
all the best Dan

I do a fair bit of subbie work, ive been knocked before when working directly for smaller companies, nothing wrong with doing it but make sure you get paid and dont take any bull from the builder

Fully understand your predicament. As long as you are prepared to take the jobs at the prices, times, and type of work that nobody wants, have a large cashflow and be prepared to haggle / wait for your money i would give it a go but would say that Steves advice is the best bit of advice anybody can honestly give.

Last edited:
Hi. Why not invoice the client with your own at completion of work and then pay the Company you sub to there cut.

In my expierience they will never allow it to work this way, as they want ther money first and then pay you as bottom of the food chain.

the reason they dont work that way is then the customer has your details for the next call not theirs on most you even have to pay in any cash you take so they can give you a cheque

Thanks for the input guys it wasnt so much builders i was considering but more companies that advertise as plumbing firms then sub the work out, i suppose same rules apply though! :smile5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sub contracting for plumbing service firms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
evolve Plumbing Services is providing Emergency plumber in Bellevue Hill and focused on providing quality workmanship and exceptional customer...
Replies
Views
evolve Plumbing Services is providing Emergency plumber in Bellevue Hill and focused on providing quality workmanship and exceptional customer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock