Discuss stuart turner pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all hopefully someone can help me here before I ho insane. About 6 months ago I replaced a cheap watermill twin pump for a stuart turner monsoon as the existing on kept turning on every so often during the day. I thought it was the flow switches. Customer is really happy with the pump as its much more powerful. Problem is its still switching itself on as before. I spoke to pump assist at stuart turner and they told me to isolate supplies to pump to see if it stops. Which it did. So we know pumps ok. I then isolated hot and cold separately to see what supply was causing it to switch on. Found it was the cold side. Fitted a single check valve on the cold outlet as told by pump assist. This cured it for 2 days. Now its back worse than ever. I have checked all outlets and nothing is letting by. Pump supplies whole house and shower in bathroom upstairs. Pipes for this run up from pump into loft and across 2 mtrs and down wall to shower valve.
Can anyone help me here as its doing my head in now. Fitted loads of stuart turner pumps and never had trouble like this

if the check valve cured it for a while i would try another one there not the most reliable of fittings and i would add another on the hot while i was there . Other than that check for any leaks as you say the st pumps are usually pretty good
House or flats ?

Last edited:
Sounds like you could have a leak

This^.
If it's fine when isolated from the house, then starts running for no reason when you turn on the house valve then there's a leak.
If it does both hot and cold then check the toilet/cistern, i had one in a hotel doing a similar thing and it was the cistern passing water into the toilet bowl, not a visible leak but enough to kick in the pump every few mins ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stuart turner pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock