Currently reading:
Steel baths & condensation

Discuss Steel baths & condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nebby

I have a problem with a steel bath in a bathroom with no window only a fan, on the underneath of the bath there is an excessive amount of water created by what i can only assume is condensation.

Its on the sides, the base, even on the underneath where the taps are fitted so no its not a leak because the water would have to run down the edge of the bath and then back up to get to the taps and obviously water does not run upwards!

Has anyone else come across this before and is there any soultion apart from changing the bath to a fibreglass.

Thanks in advance

You could pack around the bath with insulation like the loft rolls you get.

you dont mention of bath full of water so i assume it is empty, therefore it cannot condensate when empty or am i wrong?.

If heat is coming up through the floor to a cold bathroom then it can condensate as its hot air meeting a cold surface. Pack with insulation will stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Steel baths & condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock