Discuss State of the trade survey results 2009 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MickW

There have been a number of discussions about hourly rates and call out charges so I thought you might be interested in the results of our latest 'State of the Trade' survey.

[DLMURL="http://www.williams.uk.com/stateoftradesurvey/2009/tradesurvey09.html"]State of Trade 2009[/DLMURL]

The survey was carried out a few months ago and the results have just been published on our web site so the figures are about as up to date as you can get. The results will also be published in the next Heating and Plumbing Monthly.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the title of the thread thought,hey ,this will be interesting

But it turned out to be very disappointing :(

Well I hope you did not spend to much doing this survey,any more than £10 and you have been robbed

Like to see you got the politically correct statement in to help show how much you cherish you easten european customers

Despite what the tabloid press might like us to believe, the "Polish Plumber" didn't feature very highly in the survey. When asked an open question about pressures on the business, less than half of one percent mentioned the issue.

All the above means is you asked the wrong people the wrong questions

If I asked over 200 plumbers if the lack of immergration control and allowing cheap labour to swamp the building industry had effected their business, would think I would get alot more than 1 or 2 that said yes,more like 1 or 2 that said no and they would probably be polish !!

Of course we look on the bright side,were plumbers:)

When I read the title of the thread thought,hey ,this will be interesting

But it turned out to be very disappointing :(

Well I hope you did not spend to much doing this survey,any more than £10 and you have been robbed

Like to see you got the politically correct statement in to help show how much you cherish you easten european customers

Despite what the tabloid press might like us to believe, the "Polish Plumber" didn't feature very highly in the survey. When asked an open question about pressures on the business, less than half of one percent mentioned the issue.

All the above means is you asked the wrong people the wrong questions

If I asked over 200 plumbers if the lack of immergration control and allowing cheap labour to swamp the building industry had effected their business, would think I would get alot more than 1 or 2 that said yes,more like 1 or 2 that said no and they would probably be polish !!

Of course we look on the bright side,were plumbers:)
I'm sorry you were disappointed, Mr Puddle, but I'm sure you understand that we can only report what was actually said.

As for cherishing our Eastern European customers, I obviously can't be in all branches all the time, but I am based in Fareham and I can honestly say that I have never seen a Polish, or any other Eastern European for that matter, plumber on our trade counter.

as stated on here many times about gas safe ,with reply of if you don't like the rules stay a plumber

or as i am living in spain
i say if you don't like the pols etc................. stand up and say something
or turn the light out when you leave

the problem in england men have a lot to say but don't get heard ,
i have said for years to set up a union ,, or perhaps we should join bnp

the case, your gov.co.uk are working for you..... joke

ay up flat pack. is there any work over in Spain at the mo? all we hear over here is that Spain is in terminal decline and likely to be for the foreseeable future. I ask in general, not just plumbing related. What region are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to State of the trade survey results 2009 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock