Discuss Solvent welding different types of pvc in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

😊 I can imagine
I’m surprised that muPVC isn’t the standard used as opposed to pvc. I see people all the time pouring boiling water down pipes 😬

It'll only be in contact for a fraction so wont have much if any effect. Same goes for the washing machine, bet by the time it hits any pvc that might be affected would've cooled down some. Mind you, a washing machine waste hose is usually made of polyprop and that only has recommended operating temp of about 80 degC.

It'll only be in contact for a fraction so wont have much if any effect. Same goes for the washing machine, bet by the time it hits any pvc that might be affected would've cooled down some. Mind you, a washing machine waste hose is usually made of polyprop and that only has recommended operating temp of about 80 degC.
Thanks Martine
Makes good sense. Appreciate it.

Reply to Solvent welding different types of pvc in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s...
Replies
Views
I was just interested if people put solvent weld on both the pipe and fitting or just the pipe when glueing overflow/condensate pipe.
Replies
Views
Hello, Can you use uPVC for bathroom and kitchen waste pipes. Or should it always be mupvc? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock