Discuss Smoking While Driving Should be BANNED in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am fed up with drivers who smoke while driving? Their lack of concentration and attention is driving me NUTS.
You are not allowed to use your phone while driving, so why does the same not apply to those who use cigarettes while driving?

I think eating jelly babies at the wheel should be banned. I always get distracted by them. Do I eat the head or the feet first?!

countrys already gone ban crazy if you ask me. You'll need to ask permission to take a dump in a service station soon.

I think eating jelly babies at the wheel should be banned. I always get distracted by them. Do I eat the head or the feet first?!

countrys already gone ban crazy if you ask me. You'll need to ask permission to take a dump in a service station soon.

jelly babys lol

I was eating my beef chillie for lunch earlier while crawling along, fumbled and dropped it down my shirt and trousers! Duh.

service station loo, whats wrong with the display loo in the merchants :)

Yes too many bans and regs. But I do like getting home from the pub not smelling like an ashtray.

Ha ha using the display loo my little boy went in the b&q one at the weekend so embarrassing

I was eating my beef chillie for lunch earlier while crawling along, fumbled and dropped it down my shirt and trousers! Duh.

I had sticky balls and crack this morning.

Was consuming a carbonated tooth dissolver and pleb in front nearly cased a pile up in tunnel. Spilt half a btl all over seat, seat has waterproof cover. My arse didn't. Couldn't stop to mop it up had to just sit there. Was just horrible.

I don't need to take a dump in a service station. I've replaced the seat in the land rover with my bog-in-a-bag.

Lady reverses out of her drive today. Had her friend sitting in passenger seat. Effectively, I would say she was reversing into on-comming traffic, except at the time I was the only vehicular traffic going by. On the opposite side of road where her drive is, was a parked van.

She reversed while dragging on to her cigarette as if her whole life depended on it? Then BANG. Straight into the side of the parked van. If she had not been so immersed in satisfying that nicotine urge/craving, she would have noticed that across the road from her drive, was a parked van????
How could she not have noticed?
Trouble is, I had a job to attend to, so just drove on. Chances are they just left the scene without making any effort to trace the van owner

service station loo, whats wrong with the display loo in the merchants :)

Yes too many bans and regs. But I do like getting home from the pub not smelling like an ashtray.
it sounds strange to say but I used to love smoking.....just that feeling and the taste with a cold beer!
but one thing I hated was the smell, I disliked it so much I wouldn't smoke at work because I don't think custards want to smell that when they open the door!

You're not allowed to smoke in your van anyway since the smoking ban as your van is a workplace. But that never stopped people.

I smoke in the van, and will continue to do so :)

it doesn't distract from my driving. You'd ban radios and CDs at this rate.

You're not allowed to smoke in your van anyway since the smoking ban as your van is a workplace. But that never stopped people.

I smoke in the van, and will continue to do so :)

it doesn't distract from my driving. You'd ban radios and CDs at this rate.

imagine if having a merv up was illegal...how would we all cope?
i once sore a lady riding a bike in a short skirt with no knickers on! I had to circle round to get another look!!

they should ban fit lady's in the the summer not wearing much,or me from the road swear i am going to write the landy off or something else

imagine if having a merv up was illegal...how would we all cope?
i once sore a lady riding a bike in a short skirt with no knickers on! I had to circle round to get another look!!

Glad you checked your facts and she wasn't just wearing furry knickers

it sounds strange to say but I used to love smoking.....just that feeling and the taste with a cold beer!
but one thing I hated was the smell, I disliked it so much I wouldn't smoke at work because I don't think custards want to smell that when they open the door!

Used to love the crackle as you took a deep drag on a cold morning. That is cigarette crackle not my lungs.

Probably happen soon enough, totally yes to it when kids are in the car especially. I never did it and never would... not that I smoke anymore :D.
Last attempt at a *** was a couple of weeks before Christmas, about gave me the boak.

Probably happen soon enough, totally yes to it when kids are in the car especially. I never did it and never would... not that I smoke anymore :D.
Last attempt at a *** was a couple of weeks before Christmas, about gave me the boak.

Kb drive up to c u before crimbo?

Some people (usually men, but not all men) are good enough at driving to be able to smoke, touch the sat nav, eat with one hand etc. while driving.
Some are not.
The ones who can should not be penalised for the lack of skill the others have.
When I smoked (I vape now) I was easily able to light and smoke and put out a cigarette while driving, I'd time it right, I'd light up when stationary, I'd take a drag when I didn't need to use the gear stick etc. Smoking definitely didn't make me an unsafe driver.
And the ''usually men'' bit isn't me being sexist, it's just from observation, there are good lady drivers out there, just not many of them from what I've seen ;)

I've seen ladies putting on slap at 70 on motor way. But as you say men are better so they may have not been "women but more wo man"

Why anyone (women especially), will want to ''poison'' their very young kids with cigarette smoke while in car beats me?
And most of the time, they have all the windows up. What would a kid have done to warrant any parent doing that to them?
When the kids develops some ailment 10 yrs down the line, the parents will blame their GP or the NHS for not doing something right. Chances are they will even blame the delivery nurses, saying the problem occurred during delivery but has only just manifested itself? Staff failed to do this or that????

Then there are those who are waiting by a T junction to join the traffic. You come along and wait for them to join the low of traffic. But for some reason, it seems as if that is when they have this overwhelming urge to light their ciggy? So you decide to move on, but just then, they lunge forward, and you have to take evasive action to avoid a collusion. If they had been concentrating, they would have moved when you waited for them to.

I also think if you have kids, you should not smoke at home indoors. Go for a walk, go to the garden etc and satisfy your desires. Don't put your cravings for nicotine before the health and well-being of your kids. OK, It's definately a rant naw -:D

It's illegal already. If you have your *** in your right hand and then change gear with your left it's called not being in control of your vehicle.

Girl in bham was done by police a few years ago for holding an apple while changing gear. You are supposed to have a full grip of the steering wheel at all times, they don't push the smoking issue because it would cause public outrage from those that suck on a ***.

Last edited:
The government should publicise a cigarette lottery. Essentially 1 cigarette in every 10000 would be laced with enough cyanide to kill outright. If you happen to pull the wrong one bye bye cant say no one told you cigarettes kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smoking While Driving Should be BANNED in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the process of renovating a property and have the floorboards up installing cabling etc, however it is the plumbing that I have...
Replies
Views
AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is...
Replies
Views
Back