Discuss Slimline unvented cylinder - Gledhill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bennyboiler

Hello. New to the forum. Hope you can help. I'm hoping to put in an unvented system into my house, but my airing cupboard isn't deep enough to take a standard-size cylinder (Megaflow is what I'm after ideally). The only one I've found that will fit is the Gledhill Slimline 210 litre unvented (475mm diameter). Does anyone know anything about Gledhill? Are they any good? Do they go wrong? Is their customer service any good. And is 210 litre a big enough tank for a four-person family? Hope someone can help.

British Gas fit Gledhill cylinders, and as someone who once produced hand-made tanks and cylinders, they look very well made to me.

I've also perused their website on more than one occasion, and everything about Gledhill communicates craftsmanship and quality imo.

I also have one of their High Recovery COPPER cylinders - which is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
thier customer service is shocking!! a few recent posts conform that.

as for them making it yes they are good and you can also taylor it to your needs ie extra tappings etc.

have you looked at oso unvented need a slimline a year back and found them to be spot on for what i needed.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated. I think I'm going to go with the Gledhill - and bear with their customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slimline unvented cylinder - Gledhill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
    • Funny
Hi guys, I have a question regarding converting an open vent system (copper cylinder) to pressurized, reason being not enough drop from the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm due to install my first unvented cylinder. (I've had my unvented ticket for several years, but not actually done a brand new unvented...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock